Learning Potential International Pty Ltd (LPI) is a registered training organisation (RTO 40169) established in 2006 with over 17 years experience providing education and training solutions in an international environment.
LPI are based in Adelaide, South Australia and Darwin, Northern Territory and are a Northern Territory Endorsed Training Provider.
Julie was born and raised in Darwin and Andrew was born and raised in Adelaide merging a passion to work collaboratively and showcase the best that South Australia and Northern Territory has to offer.
LPI works collaboratively with individuals and organisations to develop strong alliances and partnerships having an extensive network of national and international partners. Our approach is to engage local partners in work undertaken to ensure a capacity building approach is embedded leading to sustainability.
LPI has experiences working across Australia and within the Asia Pacific and Africa region including:
Papua New Guinea
We have had considerable experience in both the Education and Tourism Sector. To better meet the needs of our clients, LPI have launched EduTourism International’.
EduTourism International’s aim is to connect professionals across cultures to provide authentic, customised, professional development immersion programs across South Australia and Northern Territory.’.
We value Authentic relationships, Cultural Diversity, Creative Learning and nature based experiences with a focus on sectors including Education and Training, Tourism, Disability, Business, Government and Professional Associations.
EduTourism International ensures quality through:
- Compliance under the Australian Quality Skills Authority
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Counsellor Accreditation
- Linking learning to Australian accredited qualifications
- Qualified facilitation team from the education, business, tourism and relevant industry sectors
Examples of relevant international experience designing customised programs for clients linking education and tourism include:
- Philippines, Asian Development Bank – ADB Employment Facilitation for Inclusive Growth Project TA-8335, Career Guidance and Employment Coaching Specialist, 2014
- Papua New Guinea – Leadership, Innovation, Training and Assessment, Career Development and Coaching programs 2000 – 2015
- Indonesia – Leadership programs for Principals and Teachers 2006 – 2013
- Samoa In-Country Training – Public & Private Sector Leadership Programs 2009 – 2012
- Vietnam, HCM University of Industry – Certificate IV in Training & Assessment Professional Development for lecturers 2011
- Tanzania, Resolute Golden Pride Gold Mine, Leadership Programs 2010
- Mali, West Africa, Syama Gold Mine Training & Assessment 2009
- Indonesia – IASTP District Provincial Financial Management –Training & Assessment / Coaching Local Provincial Government Officers 2008
- Papua New Guinea, AusAID PATAFF Tourism & Promotion Authority – Train-the-trainer, Coaching, Leadership & Customer service in hospitality and tourism 2004
Other programs within the Tourism Sector include:
- Team Innovation programs customized for government and private sector organisations
- Self employment programs for people with a disability
- Leadership training for Disability sector Executive team, Managers and support workers
- Professionalism in Education Study Tours for School Leaders and Teachers from Indonesia to strengthen educational outcomes and improve quality teaching outcomes
- Small business management training, Leadership training, Customer Service and coaching and mentoring for business owner /operators within the Tourism Sector in South Australia and Northern Territory 2
- Design and management of business planning for 100 tourism operators in Samoa under the NZ Aid program for the Samoa Tourism Authority.
- Cross Cultural Competency training for government departments and private sector including tourism sector including staff from South Australian Visitor Information Centres
- Small Business Management development for Skilled Migrants and African communities
- Design, develop and assessment of a Train the trainer program including leadership, customer service, networking and product development for the PNG Tourism Promotion Authority program across 5 provinces in Papua New Guinea funded by AusAid
The Directors Julie and Andrew Inglis welcome you to Australia.
Our team are experienced and qualified trainers, coaches and assessors with relevant industry experience. All project team members have extensive experience coordinating and managing the cultural and educational aspects of learning as well as the logistics, interpreting and translation needs plus the social well-being of each individual.
LPI takes pride in being innovative and creative in meeting client needs through coaching, mentoring, action learning, work based projects and collaborative partnering. Edutourism representatives and agents share the same passion for education and cultural exchange. Importantly LPI values the friendships and long term relationships developed with international clients and participants.
Julie Inglis – International Project Director
Julie brings over 17 years experience within the Higher Education, Vocational Education and School sector providing high level project and general management and strategic leadership within an international environment. She has qualifications in International Development, Project Management Participatory Design, Monitoring and Evaluation and has undertaken a Higher Education Advanced Leadership program for Women through the National Excellence in Educational Leadership Initiative. In March 2017, she was invited to speak at an Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Workshop in Thailand focussing on improving employment outcomes for women. Her presentation focussed on supporting marginalised groups (including women, mature age, disabilities and cultural background) and importance of supporting women through coaching and mentoring to achieve their goals.
She has successfully designed, managed and delivered education projects for clients such as ADB, World Bank, DFAT, industry bodies, Government and private enterprise. This is supported through demonstrated highly successful track record leading and managing multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural project teams within in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Tanzania, Vietnam, Samoa and Philippines. As Managing Director of LPI she is responsible for developing and expanding our programs to be recognised as a leader in providing customised training programs for marginalised groups.
Andrew Inglis – Director of Learning
Andrew is a qualified Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) business Counsellor, and Career Guidance and Employment Coach andhas extensive experience in designing training programmes, facilitating and coaching people in public, private, government and community organisations. He has worked in Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Vietnam Samoa, Tanzania and Mali designing and delivering coaching and leadership programs for Australian and International clients. Andrew has over 30 years practical experience in the design, delivery and assessment of training and coaching having managed and facilitated national and international projects with a diverse range of clients. Andrew’s enthusiasm and creativity in unlocking the potential of others has resulted in successful career achievements and project outcomes. This is achieved through implementing innovative approaches to business practices, cross cultural coaching, workplace training, career development, facilitation & assessment.
Penny McAlister – Facilitator and Training Coordinator
Penny is an experienced facilitator with over 15 years experience training others to excel in achieving their goals. She has an extensive background in industry having owned and operated her own Personal Training studio and employed by Flight Centre leading and managing a successful team to achieve targets. She holds a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and Certificate IV in Small Business Management. She has delivered training in Papua New Guinea including customer service and Entrepreneurship Skills supported through UNDP. Penny is an empowered woman who owns & manages her own Holiday Accommodation property and has since established a high end Boutique Market. Penny’s role encompasses expertise in training coordination, recruitment of students, training and assessment and learning coach supporting learners to successfully achieve competency.
Hana Wong – Marketing Internship
Learning Potential International and EduTourism International are pleased to welcome Hana Wong as part of our Team. Hana has been appointed as our marketing intern to support our Chinese Strategy.
Hana is a Chinese National from Hong Kong. She was nurtured by both traditional and modern Chinese culture. She has deep-rooted background and knowledge of Chinese and Asian culture. For the sake of further pursuing a career path, she moved to Australia and completed her Master Degree in Adelaide. She is experienced in accounting, marketing, public relations, event management and communication. Through continuous studying and working, she has accumulated extensive experience in Hospitality, Tourism and Education fields. She is able to demonstrate her strong ability to meet or exceed customer service requirements as well.
Carine Kapiamba – Darwin Based Training Coordinator
We are pleased to appoint Carine as our Darwin based Training Coordinator for the Start your own business for Migrants and Refugees in Darwin. Click here for new Program commencing 8th August. Carine Kapiamba is a former refugee from the Democratic Republic of Congo. On arrival in Australia Carine had no English language skills demonstrating exceptional courage, resilience and ability to overcome most adversities. In the 6 years she has been in Darwin, Northern Territory, she has completed 6 qualifications including a Diploma in Business Administrative and a Bachelor of Commerce at Charles Darwin University. Carine has gained relevant work experience during her time here and gained skills and experience in business, project management and training. She has embraced the human rights and civil liberties available in Australia and has been identified as a role model for others within the multicultural society.
Her business International Cross-Cultural Integration Training (ICCIT) was launched to bridge cross-cultural communication breakdowns. It targets cultural barriers that may prevent successful integration process for new migrants and refugees and fosters mutual understanding. Carine’s achievements and performance have captivated community attention and she is seen as an inspiration, not only for her own children but also migrants, refugees, women and those within Government and industry. She is living proof of a successful resettlement and integration in a new country.
Connecting professionals across cultures
Paspalis Business Centre,
Level 1, 48-50 Smith Street,
Darwin Northern Territory 0800 Australia
Phone: +61 401126379
Mobile: +61 401 126 379
PO Box 1073
Flagstaff Hill South Australia 5159 Australia
Phone: +61 401126379
Mobile: +61 401 126 379